Seasons ChangingNovember 15, 2022
#GivingTuesday inspires and encourages people to give back and give generously! And we’re so on board with that! But what if we made it a trend where it’s #GivingEveryTuesday? Your generosity doesn’t end here… it’s just beginning! And here are some ways you can continue to give back to your very own community!
- Volunteer! Find something you’re passionate about and get involved! While financial donations are always helpful and appreciated, maybe you’re not in a place to give financially… people don’t realize just how valuable their time is to a nonprofit. We certainly couldn’t do what we do without the help of our volunteers on Monday and Tuesday evenings. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities here at Helping Hands!
- Start a food drive, diaper drive, etc. for places that provide materials for free. Here at Helping Hands we provide material assistance to our clients for free. Diapers and wipes are some of our biggest needs! Especially size 4-6, and pull ups!
- Enroll in Kroger’s Community Rewards program! All you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus Card, and Kroger gives a small percentage of your purchase back to the organization of your choice! Choose Helping Hands Pregnancy Resource Center as your charity, Organization No. IP807. Register at https://www.kroger.com/i/community/community-rewards .
- Enroll in AmazonSmile’s program! When you register on Amazon.com with Helping Hands selected as the cause you support and use smile.amazon.com to do your shopping, the AmazonSmile Foundation will make a small donation of a portion of your purchases to Helping Hands! To find Helping Hands, enter our EIN: 45-4998438. Remember, to make sure a portion of your amazon purchases go to Helping Hands, you must shop on smile.amazon.com, not amazon.com.
- One-time donations are always appreciated, but we challenge you to consider partnering with an organization on a monthly basis. Monthly donors help to ensure the longevity of a nonprofit organization! When you give monthly, you become a part of the day-to-day operations!
- Financial donations don’t always have to be in the form of cash or check! You can also give gift cards, pay a bill for someone, or provide a meal. Here at Helping Hands we deal with all three! We offer gift cards to our clients, we are (at times) asked to help with a bill, and we provide a weekly meal at our Parenting in Progress Class!
- Do mission work right in your very own community! Whether it be raking someone’s leaves, completing a work project for someone, or cleaning a home, you can do mission work anywhere!
- Adopt a family to support! Especially around the holidays, a partnership like this can make an incredibly difference in someone’s home. We have families at Helping Hands you could “adopt” if interested!
- Use your very own voice to advocate for the voiceless. If you see an issue, speak up. Change doesn’t happen on its own.
- Use your voice to not only advocate, but to inspire others to create change. Tell people about what you’re doing, and why they should also be doing something!